Wednesday 9 May 2012

Typewriter medicine


Off sick from school? Bored of daytime TV? No homework? No problem! Just come on over to Wallingford Typewriter Exchange and we'll sort you out with a loaner.

After trying quite a few different machines, Evie fell upon the Olympia SF with gusto (kid's got great taste) and ended up taking it home. Maybe it was the way I described it as a bit more lady-like than the SM2 she was wrestling with.

I hear she's on her second novel now (mostly in red, as it happens), and hopefully well enough to be back at school.

Now all I need to do is persuade her to bring it back... you see, it isn't my typewriter.

What happens next?

3 comments:

  1. Lucky girl! I was never more thankful to have my typewriters as a distraction than when I was stuck home for a week with chicken pox a couple of summers ago.

    It's not your typewriter?...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a Valentine's gift to my partner. I'm hoping the Adler Tippa will do in permanent exchange.

      Delete
  2. Very good deed you did there. Now you've got to find one she can keep!

    ReplyDelete